Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Jury deliberating in Plaistow lawyer’s sex assault trial
Lawrence Buswell, 53, is in Rockingham County Superior Court facing two counts of felonious sexual assault. (JAMES A. KIMBLE/UNION LEADER CORRESPONDENT)
Closing arguments in the trial of Lawrence Buswell, 53, ended with the prosecution and defense sparring about the veracity of the alleged victim.
She also dismissed claims by the defense that the boy only made up the assault to avoid consequences of a juvenile family court petition filed against him by his parents in Massachusetts.
Soldati argued that the youth’s lies and the handling of the case overall should anger jurors.
The defense also handed over to prosecutors photos taken by one of Buswell’s daughters showing the victim and Buswell riding in the boat together. The teen is driving Buswell’s boat while speaking to him.
Cirulli said the victim never gave a specific date of the assault. She said jurors could find that the assault happened on other days in July 2011.
“Does that make sense to you?” she asked.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 25
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483