Home » News » Public Safety
Two men hurt as woman drives into Friendly's entrance
Workers repair damage to the Friendly's Ice Cream restaurant on South Willow Street Thursday afternoon. (MARK HAYWARD/UNION LEADER)
Two men at the entrance were injured when a 2008 Volkswagen Jetta driven by Aline McBride, 72, of Manchester, drove into the front entrance, police Sgt. Tim Patterson said.
McBride, who was unhurt, told police she didn’t know what happened.
Scott Bellerose, the director of operations at the restaurant, said the accident took place about 3:30 p.m.
By rush-hour, workers were already starting the repairs to the building. Bellerose said he expected the restaurant would reopen on Saturday.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 38
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads