Home » News » Public Safety
Two men hurt as woman drives into Friendly's entrance
Workers repair damage to the Friendly's Ice Cream restaurant on South Willow Street Thursday afternoon. (MARK HAYWARD/UNION LEADER)
Two men at the entrance were injured when a 2008 Volkswagen Jetta driven by Aline McBride, 72, of Manchester, drove into the front entrance, police Sgt. Tim Patterson said.
McBride, who was unhurt, told police she didn’t know what happened.
Scott Bellerose, the director of operations at the restaurant, said the accident took place about 3:30 p.m.
By rush-hour, workers were already starting the repairs to the building. Bellerose said he expected the restaurant would reopen on Saturday.
READER COMMENTS: 9
- Nashua police department adds 8 new members - 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 41
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton community excited about relationship with Google - 0
- OKC outguns Bonner, Spurs - 0
- Schaller sent back to minors - 0
- Mount Sunapee plan opponents want more hearings - 0
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Circut Court Judge refuses to recuse himself from hearings - 0
- Pipeline push gets a second wind - 0
- Newbies welcome on NH slopes - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 0
Murder suspect fit for trial?
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Pipeline push gets a second wind
Schaller sent back to minors