Design consultant gathers outline possibilities for Nashua playground
“In this case, the client is this large public,” Jennifer Brooke of the Institute for Human Centered Design in Boston told aldermen on Wednesday.
There are several different pieces of equipment that should be considered in the design phase of the playground, including platform swings for wheelchairs, community swings for multiple children, spinning structures, roller slides, non-sloped slides, sand and water features, according to Brooke.
Several aldermen offered their thoughts on the future playground.
“I like the idea of the space being artistic,” said Alderman David Schoneman, Ward 3, adding the idea of a sensory vertical wall was appealing. Currently, residents enjoy sunbathing and reading in that area of Greeley Park, and Schoneman said he wants to still give those visitors a chance to enjoy the space in collaboration with the playground.
Alderman-at-Large Jim Donchess encouraged Brooke to use her own judgement and creativity in helping to design Legacy Playground.
The goal, according to Brooke, is to create a community resource for all kids — despite their age, interests and mobility levels — to play side-by-side.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Senior News: 'Medical Care: Keeping It All Straight' focus of workshop - 0
- Manchester celebrates St. Patrick with shamrocks and sunny skies - 0
- Guide Lines: Options for open-water fishing - 0
- Report: NH plant species at risk - 0
- The sweetest of weekends in NH - 0
- He's come a long way from a harsh Georgia upbringing - 0
- Thanks to members' seed money, CSA farms ready for a new season - 0
- Forest Journal: Thinking and waiting for the sap run - 0
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Trees and people share remarkable resemblance - 0
Report: NH plant species at risk
Guide Lines: Options for open-water fishing
The sweetest of weekends in NH
Cruz: I can rally the right
Innovation? Concord isn’t talking about it
USNH funding: Another tuition hike threat
Three people confirmed dead in Bedford
George Will: Remembrances of Clintons past