NH Rare Bird Alert for July 30
An immature white ibis was discovered at Awcomin Marsh in Rye on July 11 and was most recently reported on July 29. It has also been reported from several different marshes in Rye along Route 1A south of Rye Harbor.
A birder on a cruise aboard the Granite State Whale Watch boat out of Rye Harbor on July 25 reported seven Cory’s shearwaters, two parasitic jaegers, eight red-necked phalaropes, and 11 Wilson’s storm-petrels.
A glossy ibis was reported from Hampton Marsh on July 26.
Three young green herons were seen in Salem and one was reported from Pittsfield, all during the past week.
Two least terns and a blue-winged teal were seen in the Hampton marshes on July 26.
A red crossbill was reported from Penacook on July 26.
Several evening grosbeaks were seen in Walpole during the past week.
A pair of peregrine falcons raised at least two young birds in Nashua, which were photographed atop the former St. Casimir’s Church on Temple Street on July 23.
Several yellow-billed cuckoos were reported during the past week.
An Eastern whip-poor-will was heard in Barrington on July 24.
A Lincoln’s sparrow was seen in Effingham on July 30.
This information is also available by phone recording: call 224-9909 and press 2 as directed or ask to be transferred. If you have seen any interesting birds recently, you can leave a message at the end of the recording or send your sightings to the RBA via email at: email@example.com. Please put either “bird sighting” or “Rare Bird Alert” in the subject line and be sure to include your mailing address and phone number. The RBA is also available online at the New Hampshire Audubon website, www.nhaudubon.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Becky Rule to tell tales at the Corner House Inn - 0
- Pianist Sergei Novikov talks about heart of performance - 0
- Kimberly Anderson Ritchie, Rock Tripe Lichen, Installation: silkscreen and monoprint on maps - 0
- Comedienne Paula Poundstone Brings Laughter to Plymouth - 0
- Rockingham Community Action brightening holidays for needy - 0
- Good news for residents near former wastewater plant - 0
- Windham club brings Christmas cheer to vets - 0
- Candlelight memorial in Keene for the homeless - 0
- Keene shelter joins in homeless vigil on Sunday - 0
Win tickets to see Linkin Park
NH reacts to thaw with Cuba
Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week
Police arrest pair after bullets fly