Home » News » Public Safety
NH Rare Bird Alert for July 30
An immature white ibis was discovered at Awcomin Marsh in Rye on July 11 and was most recently reported on July 29. It has also been reported from several different marshes in Rye along Route 1A south of Rye Harbor.
A birder on a cruise aboard the Granite State Whale Watch boat out of Rye Harbor on July 25 reported seven Cory’s shearwaters, two parasitic jaegers, eight red-necked phalaropes, and 11 Wilson’s storm-petrels.
A glossy ibis was reported from Hampton Marsh on July 26.
Three young green herons were seen in Salem and one was reported from Pittsfield, all during the past week.
Two least terns and a blue-winged teal were seen in the Hampton marshes on July 26.
A red crossbill was reported from Penacook on July 26.
Several evening grosbeaks were seen in Walpole during the past week.
A pair of peregrine falcons raised at least two young birds in Nashua, which were photographed atop the former St. Casimir’s Church on Temple Street on July 23.
Several yellow-billed cuckoos were reported during the past week.
An Eastern whip-poor-will was heard in Barrington on July 24.
A Lincoln’s sparrow was seen in Effingham on July 30.
This information is also available by phone recording: call 224-9909 and press 2 as directed or ask to be transferred. If you have seen any interesting birds recently, you can leave a message at the end of the recording or send your sightings to the RBA via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put either “bird sighting” or “Rare Bird Alert” in the subject line and be sure to include your mailing address and phone number. The RBA is also available online at the New Hampshire Audubon website, www.nhaudubon.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Last week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
- Romney, Fallon betting stakes: Ice cream at 'The Bubble' - 0
- Black Label Society goes 'UnBlackened' at the Casino Ballroom - 0
- Closing the season in style - 0
- NH Club Briefs: Bedford student wins French oratorical contest - 0
- Tom Chapin is talking numbers: specifically, '70' - 0
- NH Club Notes: Danbury Grange to host benefit for fire victim - 0
- St. Patrick celebrations culminate with Manchester parade - 0
- Adam Ezra Group brings road trip to Granite State this spring - 0
Closing the season in style
On your mark, get set — gather sap
City 'losing ground' to poverty
Another View -- Wendy L. Wright: NH needs an immunization registry to protect our children
Unclear guidelines may have delayed report of inappropriate behavior by former UNH employee