NH Rare Bird Alert for July 30
An immature white ibis was discovered at Awcomin Marsh in Rye on July 11 and was most recently reported on July 29. It has also been reported from several different marshes in Rye along Route 1A south of Rye Harbor.
A birder on a cruise aboard the Granite State Whale Watch boat out of Rye Harbor on July 25 reported seven Cory’s shearwaters, two parasitic jaegers, eight red-necked phalaropes, and 11 Wilson’s storm-petrels.
A glossy ibis was reported from Hampton Marsh on July 26.
Three young green herons were seen in Salem and one was reported from Pittsfield, all during the past week.
Two least terns and a blue-winged teal were seen in the Hampton marshes on July 26.
A red crossbill was reported from Penacook on July 26.
Several evening grosbeaks were seen in Walpole during the past week.
A pair of peregrine falcons raised at least two young birds in Nashua, which were photographed atop the former St. Casimir’s Church on Temple Street on July 23.
Several yellow-billed cuckoos were reported during the past week.
An Eastern whip-poor-will was heard in Barrington on July 24.
A Lincoln’s sparrow was seen in Effingham on July 30.
This information is also available by phone recording: call 224-9909 and press 2 as directed or ask to be transferred. If you have seen any interesting birds recently, you can leave a message at the end of the recording or send your sightings to the RBA via email at: email@example.com. Please put either “bird sighting” or “Rare Bird Alert” in the subject line and be sure to include your mailing address and phone number. The RBA is also available online at the New Hampshire Audubon website, www.nhaudubon.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNO Pizzeria in Hudson plans cancer fundraiser - 0
- Farmington firefighters to don pink for fundraiser - 0
- 5K honors city teen who died from cancer - 0
- Great North Woods, White Mountains foliage expected to hit peak next week - 0
- Salem Rams hope to memorialize volunteer with scoreboard naming - 0
- Salem looks ahead to property updates - 0
- NH Club Briefs: Molly Stark DAR hosts Constitution meeting - 0
- Keene festival's pumpkin giveaway requires online registration this year - 0
- Currier Museum showcases impossible possibilities by M.C. Escher, who inspired generations of pop culture - 0
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
NH couple hit slot for $2.4m in Las Vegas
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Enter to win tickets to see the Dirty Heads
Win tickets to see the John Butler Trio
5K honors city teen who died from cancer
Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it