Injured hiker rescued in White Mountain National Forest
According to New Hampshire Fish and Game officials, about 4 p.m. Thursday Peter Lacoste, 63, was hiking the trail with his family when he slipped on a rock about a mile from the Basin Pond Campground.
Fish and Game were notified and they asked for help from area Maine fire and rescue organizations that routinely provide mutual aid to North Chatham.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Senior Briefs: Londonderry Senior Center has a long lineup of art classes this month - 0
- Nashua girl takes state bee title for the second time - 0
- Early summer rental benefit as winter takes its toll - 0
- Susan Dromey's Down to Earth: The winter of our fashion faux pas - 0
- Deb Baker's The Mindful Reader: 'The Half Brother': complex, thoughtful - 0
- Forest Journal: Winners & losers: Keeping score of wildlife in winter - 0
- Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Ice fishing great under right conditions - 0
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Thrush sighting brings rush of excitement - 0
- Win tickets to see Pat Benetar and Neil Giraldo - 0
Last Week's Rare Bird Alert
Harrigan closes up camp
Donna Powers: NH needs casinos
Anthem breach will haunt NH 'forever'
Reading lessons from the Supreme Court