Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Regular newspaper feature gave Abby 'hope'
State police crime units are seen in front of Nathaniel E. Kibby's Gorham home. (JOHN KOZIOL/Sunday News Correspondent)
Abigail, now 15, disappeared Oct. 9, 2013, while walking home from Kennett High School, where she was a freshman. She returned home July 21.
Late Saturday morning, crime tape was still up around Kibby's unit in the Gateway Trailer Park while representatives of several agencies, among them the New Hampshire State Police Major Crime Unit, searched the area.
At the time of his arrest, Kibby was known to have in his possession 11 firearms. He had lived in the Gateway Trailer Park since 2009 and owned his trailer, according to Wallace Corrigan Jr., son of the park owner.
Kibby had been convicted of several misdemeanor offenses and felony possession of marijuana, according to court records.
The Class B felony charge is somewhat unique. The underlying statute says it can be levied only when "the actor voluntarily releases the victim without serious bodily injury and in a safe place prior to trial...."
Mark Fischler, the chairman of the Criminal Justice Department at Plymouth State University and a former criminal defense attorney with the state Public Defender Office, said the Kibby case is being watched by court observers because it is unique in terms of the circumstances as well as the high bail.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ferguson protests enter third day; arrests in St. Louis - 0
- Abuse history at Nashua address where 3-year-old died - 0
- Franklin robbery suspect sought, considered armed and dangerous - 0
- Franklin man and woman arraigned for attempted prostitution of minor - 0
- Police investigating death of 3-year-old girl in Nashua - 7
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 1
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 1
- Manchester man facing two aggravated felonious sexual assault charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
- Turkey Bowls: Passion always on the menu - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl: Crusaders aim to rewrite history - 0
- Dave Solomon's Power Plays: Who knew what and when in PSNH scrubber case? - 0
- Story of Marine Memorial at Hampton Beach begins with Bill Downs - 0
- Immigrants include ethnic dishes at their Thanksgiving table - 0
- Puritans in America: Daniel Webster on religion's role - 0
- Mitt Romney is out front, but says he's not running again - 0
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
Person found dead in Manchester alley
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483