Home » News » Health » Affordable Care Act
Manchester widow's health insurance issue resolved
A constituent services staffer in Rep. Carol Shea-Porter's office got involved, and within days she heard from Anthem, her insurer and from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, which oversees the federal Health Insurance Marketplace for New Hampshire.
She said she hopes what happened to her will help smooth the way for others who find themselves in similar circumstances.
"Now that this is over, I can sit down," she said. "I can finally grieve."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View - Debra and Marc Tice: Give families a say in hostage policy - 0
- Thomas Sowell: Politicians betray us by betraying our protectors - 0
- Another View -- Ross Gittell and Jeremy Hitchcock: By focusing on student success, NH community colleges prove their value - 1
- Another View -- David Scannell: A justified federal civil rights action in Manchester's schools - 4
- Pat Buchanan -- Jonathan Gruber, honest liberal - 3
- Jonah Goldberg: Thinking about torture - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Steven Goddu: RINOs are not the ones turning GOP victories into defeats - 26
- Deroy Murdock: Good riddance, Harry Reid - 2
- Looking back at a memorable year - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week - 0
- Asking about marriage: The Census should keep doing it - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Boys' Basketball Preview: Memorial, Central look to be in the mix again - 0
- Innovations abound at UNH event - 0
- Rinne wins duel with Rask as Predators edge Bruins - 0
- One-alarm fire kept to chimney area of Bridgewater home - 0
- Monarchs head to Portland Wednesday - 0
- Nashua woman hurt in Pelham crash - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Pembroke girls rally to win - 0
Bush 41, 43 and ... 45?
Another View -- Ross Gittell and Jeremy Hitchcock: By focusing on student success, NH community colleges prove their value
Rival NH Republican caucus seeks own voice
Another View -- David Scannell: A justified federal civil rights action in Manchester's schools
Taxi fail: City regulations don't work
All lives matter: Even Al Sharpton says so
Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week
Charles M. Arlinghaus: Read these books, OK?
Police arrest pair after bullets fly