Home » News » Politics » State Government
Gov. Hassan set to nominate acting IT, state tourism chiefs
CONCORD — Gov. Maggie Hassan will nominate Steven Kelleher as acting commissioner of the Department of Information Technology and Amy Bassett as acting director of the Division of Travel and Tourism Development.
The nominations go to the Executive Council Tuesday for confirmation.
Kelleher has 30 years of experience in the IT field, with half that time working for the state, including work as the IT leader for the state Department of Health and Human Services.
Bassett worked most recently as deputy director of the Division of Travel and Tourism. She also worked with the Division of Parks and Recreation and has more than 20 years experience with programs critical to the success of the travel and tourism industry.
The governor said she is putting forth the nominees Tuesday, so that two important offices will continue with leadership during the searches to fill the positions permanently.
The governor and council meeting is scheduled to begin at 10:30 a.m. at The Inn on Newfound Lake in Bridgewater.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- U.S. says Islamic State video of journalist's killing is authentic - 0
- No paper on Monday; check UnionLeader.com for updated, breaking news - 0
- Concord attorney Leahy dies - 0
- Robin Williams’ ashes are scattered in San Francisco Bay - 0
- Syracuse, Iowa crowned top party schools - 0
- Parking fines cause disputes, raise revenues - 1
- Jon Cavaiani dies at 70; desperate stand in '71 led to Medal of Honor - 0
- Meriam Ibrahim, family welcomed as long journey ends in Manchester - 2
- Moose International files suit to claim Claremont lodge - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 0
- USNH's raw deal: Part deux - 0
- Every vote counts: Here is the proof - 0
- College Sports Roundup: NEC's Locke scores twice in soccer win - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Campbell, Jutras blank Gilford - 0
- Pirates stay hot, blank Red Sox - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua - 1
- NHIAA Golf: Crusaders teeing up special year - 0
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
USNH's raw deal: Part deux
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Labor fines proposed on school project