Home » News » Politics » State Government
Gov. Hassan set to nominate acting IT, state tourism chiefs
CONCORD — Gov. Maggie Hassan will nominate Steven Kelleher as acting commissioner of the Department of Information Technology and Amy Bassett as acting director of the Division of Travel and Tourism Development.
The nominations go to the Executive Council Tuesday for confirmation.
Kelleher has 30 years of experience in the IT field, with half that time working for the state, including work as the IT leader for the state Department of Health and Human Services.
Bassett worked most recently as deputy director of the Division of Travel and Tourism. She also worked with the Division of Parks and Recreation and has more than 20 years experience with programs critical to the success of the travel and tourism industry.
The governor said she is putting forth the nominees Tuesday, so that two important offices will continue with leadership during the searches to fill the positions permanently.
The governor and council meeting is scheduled to begin at 10:30 a.m. at The Inn on Newfound Lake in Bridgewater.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- $11 million requested for priority city school projects - 1
- Berlin considers synthetic marijuana ban - 1
- New year could bring higher costs for members of Claremont Community Center - 0
- Retirement system ruling gets thumbs up from Moody's - 4
- Rates for Hudson recreation programs may be increasing - 0
- Hudson selectmen approve ambulance fee increases - 0
- Derry Council revises tax cut goal - 0
- Londonderry board rejects workforce housing variances - 0
- Derry Administrator opposes council goal of cutting Derry tax rate - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads