Home » News » Politics » State Government
Gov. Hassan set to nominate acting IT, state tourism chiefs
CONCORD — Gov. Maggie Hassan will nominate Steven Kelleher as acting commissioner of the Department of Information Technology and Amy Bassett as acting director of the Division of Travel and Tourism Development.
The nominations go to the Executive Council Tuesday for confirmation.
Kelleher has 30 years of experience in the IT field, with half that time working for the state, including work as the IT leader for the state Department of Health and Human Services.
Bassett worked most recently as deputy director of the Division of Travel and Tourism. She also worked with the Division of Parks and Recreation and has more than 20 years experience with programs critical to the success of the travel and tourism industry.
The governor said she is putting forth the nominees Tuesday, so that two important offices will continue with leadership during the searches to fill the positions permanently.
The governor and council meeting is scheduled to begin at 10:30 a.m. at The Inn on Newfound Lake in Bridgewater.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View-- Jeanie Forrester: Gov. Maggie Hassan's toxic partisanship poisons Concord - 7
- Charles M. Arlinghaus: The power of dispersed knowledge - 2
- Thomas Sowell: Concealed carry, racism and other random thoughts - 0
- Another View -- Daniel Barrick: Manchester's schools face some serious challenges - 7
- David Harsanyi: Obama acts alone on war, too - 0
- Pat Buchanan: Stepping into a basket of snakes - 0
- Pamela Diamantis: USNH’s tuition freeze offer is good for NH’s future - 4
- Deroy Murdock: Earth-friendly energy is anything but - 5
- George Will: Battle royal in Iowa - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Shaheen, Brown camps react to attendance reports - 0
- Executive Council approves removal of Exit 12 Merrimack tollbooths - 0
- Nashua panel to consider two police contracts - 0
- Londonderry firefighter charged with harassment - 0
- World War II veteran from Berlin to receive French Legion of Honor - 0
- Stocks tumble on Ebola fears - 0
- Liberia, U.S. officials say Ebola patient showed no symptoms before flying - 0
- Obama winning on a foreign policy issue for a change - 0
- Yom Kippur at Etz Hayim Synagogue - 0
State surplus isn't big enough
Weare police sergeant's firing rescinded
Planned Parenthood endorses Hassan
By the horn: Feds owe NH man an explanation