Home » News » Public Safety
Swanzey man injured in ATV crash
SWANZEY — A local man was injured Sunday when the throttle on an antique ATV became stuck and he crashed into a tree in his yard.Daniel Russell, 34, of 83 Ash Hill Road, was taken to Cheshire Medical Center in Keene where he was treated for serious, but not life-threatening injuries, according to officials with New Hampshire Fish and Game, Law Enforcement Division.Russell was operating the antique four-wheel ATV at about 5:30 p.m. when the accident happened.
Officials said the crash remains under investigation, but alcohol does not appear to be a factor.
Russell was not wearing a helmet, officials said.
READER COMMENTS: 9
- Nashua police department adds 8 new members - 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton community excited about relationship with Google - 0
- OKC outguns Bonner, Spurs - 0
- Schaller sent back to minors - 0
- Mount Sunapee plan opponents want more hearings - 0
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Circut Court Judge refuses to recuse himself from hearings - 0
- Pipeline push gets a second wind - 0
- Newbies welcome on NH slopes - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 0
Murder suspect fit for trial?
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Pipeline push gets a second wind
Win tickets to see Linkin Park