All Sections
action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:67
Welcome guest, you have 2 views left. | Register | Sign In


Fire claims life of man in Claremont

CLAREMONT -- A man died last night in a house fire on Warren Street caused by what appears to be the improper disposal of smoking materials, according to police and fire officials.

The fire at 11 Warren St. was reported at 9:24 p.m. Sunday. Heavy smoke was pouring from the residence when firefighters arrived and broke a first floor window to get inside.

They immediately found the man on the floor and took him out to a waiting ambulance. He was transported to Valley Regional Hospital where he was later pronounced dead.

Officials said the man's name will be released after an autopsy, scheduled today a the Office of the State Medical Examiner in Concord.

Preliminary indications are that the fire originated in a first floor bedroom and was caused by careless use and/or disposal of smoking materials, according to New Hampshire State Fire Marshal J. William Degnan and Claremont Fire Chief Rick Bergeron.

No working smoke detectors were located in the home, Degnan said in a news release.




action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:88
action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:64
action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:2
action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:

        

FOLLOW US
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow our RSS feed
Union Leader app for Apple iPad or Android *
Click to download from Apple Apps StoreClick to download from Android Marketplace
* e-Edition subscription required

More Public Safety


NH Angle - Public Safety