Home » News » Public Safety
Police: Man dragged 30 feet by SUV after fight
The incident took place about 2 a.m. Sunday on Ashland Street near the intersection with Ahmerst Street, police said. Police said the investigation is active; they would not release the name of the victim.
Police have found the SUV in Manchester, and the driver is wanted for questioning, police said.
A girl was standing next to him; both were well-dressed, she said. At one point, another girl came over, spoke to them and then departed.
“My dog would bark, believe me,” she said.
Police said the SUV was a 2013 Mazda CX-5, and it dragged the pedestrian about 30 feet before he separated from the vehicle. Police said he received a serious head injury after falling to the pavement as the SUV drove off.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Nashua man critical after being hit by box truck - 0
- Durham fire chief considered for similar post in Natick, Mass. - 0
- Wood-drying kiln heavily damaged by fire - 0
- FinnaRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 1
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- 'Bingo hunting' police use random license plate checks to make arrest - 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
Dartmouth women skaters beat Union
NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert
Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs
Hockey brought them together; Hooksett ice rink will serve as NH couple's 'church' for wedding
Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison