City panel OKs $1 million in school building design work
City Finance Director Bill Sanders told the committee the district should be able to cover the debt service on the bonding, which would first have to be approved by the aldermen.
Both the overhaul of MST and filling in the open classrooms have long been unfunded priorities for members of the school board. The partial walls at Beech and Webster result in a difficult learning environment, critics have said. The work at MST is to include more classroom space, a gym and a library — features that are required by the state for four-year high schools.
Right now we’re at the limit of students that can fit in the building.”
Assistant Superintendent David Ryan replied, “We don’t anticipate coming back ... and asking for additional money to expand the facility.”
New bonds would not be authorized until the bid process is complete.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Study would make Nashua less of a one-way ride - 0
- Keene officials recommend clearing Robin Williams memorial before Pumpkin Festival - 2
- Salem officials mum on police chief suspension; selectman alleges vulgar insult at meeting - 11
- Nashua to use surplus to reduce tax rate - 0
- Franklin school-city consolidation to be studied further - 0
- Nashua aldermen override mayor's veto on police contract that will raise patrolman salaries - 0
- Manchester officials searching for central preschool facility building - 2
- After 12 years, Derry CFO steps down from position - 0
- Alleged conflict of interest among Timberlane board member's issues - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man accused of cutting wife’s throat committed to psychiatric hospital - 1
- Two may have stabbed each other in Concord parking garage incident, police say - 0
- Manchester joyride in a stolen truck lands two in handcuffs - 0
- High School Football Power Poll: Some shuffling in the middle - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Pamela Diamantis: USNH’s tuition freeze offer is good for NH’s future - 1
- Crosstown Variety Store robbed in Manchester - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio: A well-earned celebration for Sox. - 0
- A’s earn their way into postseason play - 0
Dover man's nightmare lesson for everyone
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
'Strange ideas' Banning guns made in NH
Personhood Controversial? Really?
License revocations for DWI announced
Dredging planned for Milford's Osgood Pond