City panel OKs $1 million in school building design work
City Finance Director Bill Sanders told the committee the district should be able to cover the debt service on the bonding, which would first have to be approved by the aldermen.
Both the overhaul of MST and filling in the open classrooms have long been unfunded priorities for members of the school board. The partial walls at Beech and Webster result in a difficult learning environment, critics have said. The work at MST is to include more classroom space, a gym and a library — features that are required by the state for four-year high schools.
Right now we’re at the limit of students that can fit in the building.”
Assistant Superintendent David Ryan replied, “We don’t anticipate coming back ... and asking for additional money to expand the facility.”
New bonds would not be authorized until the bid process is complete.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jonah Goldberg: There was a time when we stood up to threats against free speech - 0
- Why I voted against the 'CRomnibus' spending bill - 18
- Another View -- Devon Chaffee: Why interrogators believe America should never torture - 2
- David Harsanyi: GOP establishment, stop whining - 0
- John Stossel: Individual giving beats government giving - 3
- BANANAS and NH's energy needs - 5
- Gruber should have been Time's 'Person of the Year' - 5
- In NH, overhunting of RINOs is causing problems - 24
- Another View -- Shawn Jasper: It is time to get to work for the people of NH - 16
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
- College Roundup: SNHU women win - 0
- Merrimack's Schaller scores first NHL goal, but B's get win - 0
- For Rex Ryan, another close loss to Pats - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'