Home » News » Public Safety
Exit 4A project update on Derry Town Council agenda
In a meeting last month, Councilor Al Dimmock debated the need for the project with state Sen. James Rausch, while questions were raised regarding how much money the town owed for construction costs and the disappearance of some documents.
In some heated exchanges last month, Dimmock and Rausch debated the proposal during a presentation by the state Department of Transportation on the ongoing Interstate 93 widening project.
Instead of further harming the downtown and Derry, the project would help by reducing traffic congestion around Exit 4 on I-93 during the evening commute, Rausch said.
Derry’s cost for the project is capped at only $5 million because of a prior lawsuit that also involved Londonderry and Boston North, a development firm, according to Rausch and Londonderry Town Councilor John Farrell, who was also in attendance.Farrell pointed out that the paperwork for the lawsuit was lost around 2007.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 0
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 8
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
- Berlin looking to acquire BearCat armored vehicle - 16
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 0
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Palker hat trick paces Bedford triumph - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Furious Celtics' rally falls short - 0
- Bruins stop Predators, 5-3 - 0
- Former President Bush, 90, hospitalized in Texas - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Slandering police: Racism in reverse
Police look for Laconia sub shop robber
Win tickets to see Linkin Park