Home » News » Public Safety
Exit 4A project update on Derry Town Council agenda
In a meeting last month, Councilor Al Dimmock debated the need for the project with state Sen. James Rausch, while questions were raised regarding how much money the town owed for construction costs and the disappearance of some documents.
In some heated exchanges last month, Dimmock and Rausch debated the proposal during a presentation by the state Department of Transportation on the ongoing Interstate 93 widening project.
Instead of further harming the downtown and Derry, the project would help by reducing traffic congestion around Exit 4 on I-93 during the evening commute, Rausch said.
Derry’s cost for the project is capped at only $5 million because of a prior lawsuit that also involved Londonderry and Boston North, a development firm, according to Rausch and Londonderry Town Councilor John Farrell, who was also in attendance.Farrell pointed out that the paperwork for the lawsuit was lost around 2007.
READER COMMENTS: 5
- Cause of $1.4 million house fire in Plainfield remains unknown - 0
- Injured dirt bike rider in ICU - 0
- Woman who jumped in front of Amtrak train identified - 0
- Busy day for White Mountain National Forest rescuers - 0
- Franklin convenience store damaged by fire - 0
- Derry firefighters commended; fire investigation continues - 0
- Deadly crash driver: 'I was distracted' - 0
- Tactical team takes man, 71, into custody - 0
- Hudson rider misses jump, crashes bike - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATED: Bail set at $20,000 for Holiday Inn Express robbery suspect - 0
- Deering couple arrested in violent beating, kidnapping of Bennington woman - 1
- Nashua driver rejects plea deal in hit-and-run negligent homicide case - 0
- UPDATED: Distracted by dog, woman downs two utility poles on Manchester’s Varney Street - 1
- UPDATED: Regulators OK 47 percent rate hike for Liberty Utilities customers - 12
- Nashua man facing numerous assault charges in attack on woman - 0
- After flap over 'racist' comment, no call for Lincoln planner to resign from board - 12
- Another View -- Daniel Barrick: Manchester's schools face some serious challenges - 1
- Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance - 3
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance