action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:67

Home » News » Public Safety

August 04. 2014 6:13PM

Man dies in Claremont fire

CLAREMONT — A man died Sunday night in a house fire on Warren Street thought to be caused by the improper disposal of smoking materials, according to police and fire officials.

The fire at 11 Warren St. was reported at 9:24 p.m. Sunday. Heavy smoke was pouring from the residence when firefighters arrived and broke a first floor window to get inside.

They immediately found the man on the floor and took him out to a waiting ambulance. He was transported to Valley Regional Hospital where he was later pronounced dead.

Officials said the man’s name will be released after an autopsy by the Office of the State Medical Examiner in Concord.

Preliminary indications are that the fire originated in a first floor bedroom and was caused by careless use and/or disposal of smoking materials, according to New Hampshire State Fire Marshal J. William Degnan and Claremont fire Chief Rick Bergeron.

No working smoke detectors were located in the home, Degnan said in a news release.


Follow us:
Twitter icon Facebook icon RSS icon
Sorry, no question available

 New Hampshire Business Directory

  

    ADD YOUR BUSINESS TODAY!

 New Hampshire Events Calendar
    

    SHARE EVENTS FOR PUBLICATION, IT'S FREE!

Upcoming Events