Scott Brown: Obama created this border mess, and we need to fix it
This happens to be an area where I have a major difference with my opponent, Sen. Jeanne Shaheen, who twice voted against border fencing, in 2009 and 2013, and who supports granting legal status to young illegal immigrants. I support the construction of a border fence, oppose amnesty and believe that we needed to shut off the magnets that bring people here in violation of the law, like in-state tuition for illegals.
Our country cannot survive with two immigration systems, one legal and the other illegal. We must do what we can to strengthen our legal immigration system so that we can continue to welcome new arrivals who can make vital contributions to our culture and way of life. But it’s time we bring an end to illegal immigration by shutting off the magnets and enforcing security at the border.
Scott Brown of Rye is running for the Republican nomination for U.S. Senate.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View - Debra and Marc Tice: Give families a say in hostage policy - 0
- Thomas Sowell: Politicians betray us by betraying our protectors - 0
- Another View -- Ross Gittell and Jeremy Hitchcock: By focusing on student success, NH community colleges prove their value - 1
- Another View -- David Scannell: A justified federal civil rights action in Manchester's schools - 4
- Pat Buchanan -- Jonathan Gruber, honest liberal - 3
- Jonah Goldberg: Thinking about torture - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Steven Goddu: RINOs are not the ones turning GOP victories into defeats - 26
- Deroy Murdock: Good riddance, Harry Reid - 2
- Looking back at a memorable year - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week - 0
- Asking about marriage: The Census should keep doing it - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Boys' Basketball Preview: Memorial, Central look to be in the mix again - 0
- Innovations abound at UNH event - 0
- One-alarm fire kept to chimney area of Bridgewater home - 0
- Monarchs head to Portland Wednesday - 0
- Nashua woman hurt in Pelham crash - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Pembroke girls rally to win - 0
- NHIAA Hockey: Gately, Goffstown start with a bang - 0
Bush 41, 43 and ... 45?
Another View -- Ross Gittell and Jeremy Hitchcock: By focusing on student success, NH community colleges prove their value
Another View -- David Scannell: A justified federal civil rights action in Manchester's schools
All lives matter: Even Al Sharpton says so
Taxi fail: City regulations don't work
Rival NH Republican caucus seeks own voice
Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week
Charles M. Arlinghaus: Read these books, OK?
Police arrest pair after bullets fly