Scott Brown: Obama created this border mess, and we need to fix it
This happens to be an area where I have a major difference with my opponent, Sen. Jeanne Shaheen, who twice voted against border fencing, in 2009 and 2013, and who supports granting legal status to young illegal immigrants. I support the construction of a border fence, oppose amnesty and believe that we needed to shut off the magnets that bring people here in violation of the law, like in-state tuition for illegals.
Our country cannot survive with two immigration systems, one legal and the other illegal. We must do what we can to strengthen our legal immigration system so that we can continue to welcome new arrivals who can make vital contributions to our culture and way of life. But it’s time we bring an end to illegal immigration by shutting off the magnets and enforcing security at the border.
Scott Brown of Rye is running for the Republican nomination for U.S. Senate.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- USNH's raw deal: Part deux - 2
- Every vote counts: Here is the proof - 5
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
- Hassan was right: 'Bullying' bill goes too far - 12
- Strategery: A war by any other name - 30
- Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.? - 6
- Public be damned: Litchfield latest example - 2
- NH's 9/11 victims: We cannot forget - 0
- Celebrating Stark: And America, in Manchester - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition at Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 in Rochester - 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester - 0
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Havenstein says Christie backing a 'boost'