Scott Brown: Obama created this border mess, and we need to fix it
This happens to be an area where I have a major difference with my opponent, Sen. Jeanne Shaheen, who twice voted against border fencing, in 2009 and 2013, and who supports granting legal status to young illegal immigrants. I support the construction of a border fence, oppose amnesty and believe that we needed to shut off the magnets that bring people here in violation of the law, like in-state tuition for illegals.
Our country cannot survive with two immigration systems, one legal and the other illegal. We must do what we can to strengthen our legal immigration system so that we can continue to welcome new arrivals who can make vital contributions to our culture and way of life. But it’s time we bring an end to illegal immigration by shutting off the magnets and enforcing security at the border.
Scott Brown of Rye is running for the Republican nomination for U.S. Senate.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Study would make Nashua less of a one-way ride - 0
- Keene officials recommend clearing Robin Williams memorial before Pumpkin Festival - 2
- Salem officials mum on police chief suspension; selectman alleges vulgar insult at meeting - 11
- Nashua to use surplus to reduce tax rate - 0
- Franklin school-city consolidation to be studied further - 0
- Nashua aldermen override mayor's veto on police contract that will raise patrolman salaries - 0
- Manchester officials searching for central preschool facility building - 2
- After 12 years, Derry CFO steps down from position - 0
- Alleged conflict of interest among Timberlane board member's issues - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man accused of cutting wife’s throat committed to psychiatric hospital - 1
- Two may have stabbed each other in Concord parking garage incident, police say - 0
- Manchester joyride in a stolen truck lands two in handcuffs - 0
- High School Football Power Poll: Some shuffling in the middle - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Pamela Diamantis: USNH’s tuition freeze offer is good for NH’s future - 1
- Crosstown Variety Store robbed in Manchester - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio: A well-earned celebration for Sox. - 0
- A’s earn their way into postseason play - 0
Dover man's nightmare lesson for everyone
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
'Strange ideas' Banning guns made in NH
Personhood Controversial? Really?
License revocations for DWI announced