New Hampshire Audubon's Rare Bird Alert for Aug. 5
A snowy owl was reported from Star Island, one of the Isles of Shoals on Aug. 3 and 4.
Two little gulls were seen with 25 Bonaparte’s gulls at Bicentennial Park in Hampton on Aug. 3.
There was a report of a possible Forster’s tern seen with common terns in Portsmouth Harbor on Aug. 1.
An immature white ibis was discovered at Awcomin Marsh in Rye on July 11 and was last reported on July 29 but may still be present. It has also been reported from several different marshes in Rye along Route 1A south of Rye Harbor.
Two sandhill cranes have returned to their summering grounds in Monroe and are raising a young sandhill crane. They can sometimes be seen in fields along the Connecticut River nearly as far as 1 mile north of the town center and also in fields along Plains Road. If you look for these birds, please do not venture onto the farm fields, which are privately owned.
Two white-winged crossbills were reported from the town forest in Freedom on Aug. 4.Four Boreal chickadees were seen on the Caps Ridge Trail in Jefferson Notch on Aug. 4.Three purple martins were seen on Cross Beach Road in Seabrook on Aug. 5.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Manchester middle school principal accused of chokehold cleared, back to work - 3
- Manchester makes move to outsource student driver education program - 3
- Nashua education board chair concerned about test scores - 0
- Dartmouth scholar to co-lead Arctic initiative - 0
- Manchester school health costs down, but plans called 'generous' - 0
- Manchester school board reaffirms 'get tough' policy for student assaults - 3
- Pinkerton Academy to issue refunds to sending towns - 0
- New Boston firefighters share safety tips with elementary school students - 0
- Public hearing on proposed school bonds - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- 'Bingo hunting' police use random license plate checks to make arrest - 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
Hockey brought them together; Hooksett ice rink will serve as NH couple's 'church' for wedding