action:article | category:NEWS03 | adString:NEWS03 | zoneID:67
Amber Blackman

Amber Blackman

Dec 4, 2014

Fugitive of the Week Jonathan Benedict

CAPTURED

Jonathan E. Benedict

Oct 30, 2014

Darrell Cook

Darrell W. Cook

Oct 2, 2014

Michael Polchies

CAPTURED

Michael Polchies

Sep 25, 2014

Home » News » Crime

August 08. 2014 7:54PM

Florida authorities ask for more time to pick up NH fugitive

MANCHESTER — Police prosecutors asked a Circuit Court-Manchester District Division judge to allow Florida authorities more time to pick up Jason Frost, 30, on a probation violation.

Frost, who is listed as homeless, was originally brought to Circuit Court July 30, on a fugitive warrant and a failure to appear in Rochester on a 2013 violation of unlicensed peddling/hawking. Frost told the judge he didn’t go to court because the court date was Christmas Eve.

Frost was ordered held without bail pending pick up by the Florida authorities and told he would likely be released if he hadn’t been picked up by Aug. 8.

But when Frost appeared in Circuit Court Friday morning, police prosecutor Carrissa Pelletier told Judge Jay Boynton that Florida authorities arrived at the Valley Street Jail to pick up Frost Tuesday, only to be told they did not have the proper paperwork. When they came back Thursday, they found Frost, who is tall and heavyset, suffers from diabetes and they were concerned about his health on a driving trip back to Florida and decided to try to arrange a flight. “They need until the 15th to arrange a flight,” said Pelletier.

Frost told the judge he should be released because that’s what the judge told him would happen if Florida hadn’t picked him up by Friday. A woman in the gallery, who was accompanied by several men, stood and said she and Frost have an eight-month-old daughter who needs medical care and she needs Frost to help her with the child and with returning to Florida, where her family lives. She said she doesn’t work and couldn’t afford to go to Florida without him.When Boynton asked about Frost’s New Hampshire record, Pelletier said it includes 2011 trespass in Brentwood and a January 2014 unlicensed peddler charge in Rochester.

If the judge were to set bail, police prosecutor Sgt. Stephen Reardon requested $5,000 cash/surety bail, with another hearing set for Aug. 18. Frost told the judge: “I could get like $2,000 cash.” Boynton set bail at $2,500 cash/surety and a hearing for Aug. 18.

Trouble at CMC

A police prosecutor Friday requested $1,000 cash/surety bail for Dustin Cheney, 34, of 133 Barnard Hill Road, Weare, who was arraigned on charges of disorderly conduct and resisting arrest in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division.

A police prosecutor said Cheney had been brought to the hospital by Goffstown police after he was arrested for Driving While Intoxicated. Cheney is accused of refusing to leave CMC’s property and of refusing to stop shouting obscenities. He also allegedly struggled with the officer trying to place him under arrest. Cheney said he didn’t want to leave CMC’s property because he was waiting for his “nana” to pick him up.

Cheney objected to the proposed bail, saying he faced a $1,000 cash/surety bail on the DWI charge. “I have nobody to post bail,” he said.

Judge Boynton set bail at $1,000 cash/surety, with conditions barring him from CMC, except for a medical emergency, and requiring him to comply with the Manchester police booking process before release. Trial was set for Sept. 11.

Family were victims

Tara Zebrowski, 27, of 87 Harrison St., could enter no plea Friday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division to a felony charge of theft by unauthorized taking that alleges she stole jewelry, clothing and cash from her grandmother’s home. She pleaded innocent to theft charges that include taking college textbooks and other items from her sister, as well as a silver necklace, and selling them and also taking items from Hannaford.

A prostitution charge alleges she offered to perform a sex act on a police officer for $40 on Thursday.A probable cause hearing was set Aug. 20 on the felony charge, so a judge can determine if there is sufficient evidence to send the case to the Hillsborough County North Grand Jury for possible indictment.

A police prosecutor requested $5,000 cash/surety bail for Zebrowski, with conditions barring contact with the alleged victims. The prosecutor said Zebrowski has suspended jail time on a drug conviction last year in Hillsborough County Superior Court North and willful concealment in Hooksett.

Employer was victim

Justin Wardell, 24, of 67 George St., could enter no plea Friday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division to a felony charge of burglary.

A police prosecutor requested $10,000 cash/surety bail for Wardell, saying he was employed at the Subway restaurant at 80 S. Main St. and returned after work on July 3 and stole $380.

The prosecutor said Wardell told police officers that he had a drug problem and wanted to get help. Judge Jay Boynton asked Wardell if he had anything to say about the proposed bail and Wardell responded: “For now, I’m fine with that.”

Because no plea can be entered to a felony in Circuit Court, a probable cause hearing was set for Aug. 20, when a judge will decide whether there is enough evidence to send the case to the Hillsborough County North Grand Jury for possible indictment.

Fugitive from Georgia

Trystynn Sayter, 20, of 47 Reed St., Friday waived extradition on a fugitive warrant from Georgia in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division. Judge Jay Boynton gave Georgia authorities until midnight Aug. 15, to pick Sayter up. If not, she wil be brought back to Circuit Court Monday, Aug. 18.

Sayter’s attorney, Andrea Bonito, said her client pleaded guilty Thursday in Circuit Court to four charges of resisting arrest. Sayter was given a two-year deferred sentence and placed on probation for a year.

“I live with my daughter and my fiance,” Sayter said, adding that she is trying to get her Georgia probation transferred to New Hampshire.

Bonito said there was a question whether it was an extraditable warrant, but domestic violence prosecutor Andrea Lamy said there are actually two fugitive warrants, one extraditable anywhere and the other extraditable within 50 miles.

Sayter had originally also been charged with assault and unsworn falsification, accused of cutting her fiance’s face with her engagement ring during an argument, but those charges were dropped as part of a plea agreement. She had also told police when they first encountered her at the residence that her name was Heidi Brand and identified herself to police during booking as Trystynn Hawkins.

She was eventually identified as Trystynn Sayter by a Georgia driver’s license. But the license said she was a male, which police said was later confirmed by a birth certificate card showing her name as Wesley Julian Anders Brand. She had applied a year ago in a Georgia court to legally change her name to Trystynn Sayter. On Canaan Hawkins’ Facebook page, he says he is married to Sayter.

Bonito sought personal recognizance bail for her client, but police prosecutor Sgt. Stephen Reardon said if bail were to be set, it should be cash/surety. He said Sayter led police on quite a chase before she was arrested July 23. “She outran two canines,” said Reardon, who added police officers were “tuckered out” after they caught Sayter. The judge ordered Sayter held without bail.


Follow us:
Twitter icon Facebook icon RSS icon
  • Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
  • KSC students
  • 37%
  • KSC administration
  • 2%
  • Police
  • 6%
  • Visitors from out of town
  • 18%
  • A combination of any/all of the above
  • 37%
  • Total Votes: 2483

 New Hampshire Business Directory

  

    ADD YOUR BUSINESS TODAY!

 New Hampshire Events Calendar
    

    SHARE EVENTS FOR PUBLICATION, IT'S FREE!

Upcoming Events