Scene in Manchester: A no-holds-barred workout right on Elm Street
“It’s going well,” she said after a recent Tuesday night class that required me to do more squats than I thought was humanly possible.
Baron said she has been dancing since she was 3 years old, and was a cheerleader for the New England Patriots for three of her four years as a student at University of New Hampshire. After graduating in 2011, she worked as a fitness instructor for several companies and, after becoming Balanced Body Barre certified, decided to open Barre Life.
My friend Jeff McPherson, a member of the team at Silvertech, recently posted this on his Facebook page.
“Based on my Facebook feed the fight for ALS has raised 0 dollars and caused hypothermia to 36 people and a shortage of ice ...”
The whole thing certainly has many people talking about ALS, a horrible, degenerative disease. But, as McPherson’s post pointed out, those of us accepting the challenge should consider donating some money too, to help find a cure and support those suffering from ALS.
I almost cried when I visited the McIntyre Ski Area website last week to purchase my son’s season pass. The early bird rate for a junior pass is a huge $60 savings, but when I got to the site, I saw that I missed the deadline. The website said the early bird rate was only good until Aug. 1.
Turns out I am not as sneaky as I thought. Later that day, I received an email newsletter announcing the early bird rates had been extended through Aug. 15, to give everyone away on summer vacation more time to get the deal. Don’t miss out, like I almost did.
Families are invited to gather around the campfire along the banks of the Merrimack River to hear traditional Native American tales at Amoskeag Fishways on Friday at 7 p.m. The cost is just $5 per family. Pre-register by calling 626-3474, and visit www.NH365.org to find more fun things to do in and around the Queen City.
READER COMMENTS: 6
- Surprise, surprise: Obamacare funds abortions - 55
- Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over - 6
- USNH's raw deal: Part deux - 2
- Every vote counts: Here is the proof - 5
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
- Hassan was right: 'Bullying' bill goes too far - 12
- Strategery: A war by any other name - 28
- Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.? - 6
- Public be damned: Litchfield latest example - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 0
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 10
- Londonderry Rotary to host forum next week - 0
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it