Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
High cash bail for Sanbornton man accused of shooting son
“(Alcohol) is being investigated” as contributing to the shooting, police Lt. Kevin McIntosh said. “We’re investigating a number of possibilities for what happened; we aren’t sure yet.”
Police went to the Barnard residence in response to a caller who reported hearing what sounded like a gunshot, people arguing, and then an additional four or five gunshots shortly after 9 p.m.
Barnard is charged with attempted second-degree murder and first-degree assault. He was ordered held on $100,000 cash bail at his arraignment Monday morning in 4th Circuit Court-Laconia District Division.
Dexter said Barnard suffered arm injury. McIntosh said police are investigating whether an argument took place prior to the shooting.
When firefighters and rescue crews arrived, there was a delay in reaching Kuss as police weren’t sure of Barnard’s whereabouts and set up a perimeter around the area. Barnard was found in a rear bedroom of the home, according to a court document.
He could enter no plea Monday to the felony charges in Circuit Court, so a probable cause hearing was set for Aug. 21.
New Hampshire Union Leader Staff Writer Dale Vincent contributed to this report.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 23
- Police arrest two following Portsmouth fight with hammer and knife - 0
- Mass. resident arrested on warrant tied to Pelham donation jar theft - 1
- Manchester SWAT team swoops in on South Mammoth Road home - 0
- Pot plants worth $25,000 seized in Wilmot - 0
- Lawyers for Manchester man challenge competency of suspect in 2001 Auburn murder - 0
- Two-car crash in Salem prompts arrest of both drivers - 0
- Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old - 1
- Former Nashua alderman's witness tampering trial postponed - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition at Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 in Rochester - 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917