Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
NH fugitive found in Bay State
CONCORD — A woman wanted as a Fugitive of the Week last October was arrested Monday in Salisbury, Mass. after a police officer recognized her.
Shantel Demand, 23, last known to reside in Amesbury, Mass., was wanted on a 2013 warrant issued by the New Hampshire Adult Parole Board for violating conditions of parole granted on a burglary conviction.
On Oct. 31, she was featured as a Fugitive of the Week by the U.S. Marshals Office.
Demand, who is pregnant, was released on $1,000 bail pending a court appearance Tuesday in Newburyport, Mass. District Court.
Authorities said they hope Demand will surrender to New Hampshire authorities, as directed by a Massachusetts district court judge.
READER COMMENTS: 10
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 1
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 4
- 2 women sentenced in Home Depot scam - 0
- Man accused of stabbing man in Concord's White Park - 0
- Friends, co-workers mourn loss of Amherst mother and son - 4
- Vermont father, two sons facing charges for Canobie Lake Park scuffle - 2
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 37
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 0
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 6
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Londonderry Rotary to host forum next week - 0
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917