State asked to re-evaluate Livermore Falls settlement deal
As part of a negotiated settlement with the state’s Site Evaluation Committee over a dispute about the company’s re-siting of its Operations and Maintenance Building during the plant’s construction in 2011, Iberdrola Renewables’ Groton Wind LLC wind-energy plant had agreed to give the committee $160,000.
The Friends of the Pemi: Livermore Falls Chapter has been working since 2013 to come up with plans to protect the falls area and make it safer and more pleasurable to use. The area, owned by the state, is framed by the historically important Pumpkin Seed Bridge, which was erected in 1886 and closed in 1959. The bridge is now too dangerous to cross.
“The monster electric poles travel along Route 25 and Route 3 and cross over the Pemigewasset right at the historic bridge for a length of approximately 13 miles. Unsightly metal poles standing well over 50 feet now straddle the remains of the bridge and sit on state-owned land,” Linowes said.
The land was acquired for $400,000 in 1992 using LCHIP funds, Linowes said.
Iberdrola Renewables officials could not be reached for comment. The SEC is studying the request.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mary Chapin Carpenter - 0
- George Benson - 0
- Ghost Encounters at Canterbury Shaker Village - 0
- Comedian Juston McKinney - 0
- Annual Zombie Walks - 0
- Ghosts on the Banke - 0
- 2014 New Hampshire Auto Show - 0
- New Hampshire Brew Fest - 0
- Weekend Top 10 Planner: October 24-26, 2014 - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Home-grown talent has UNH women's cross country out in front - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Playoff picture will get clearer - 0
- New players, new coach, new look for Monarchs in home opener tonight - 0
- Making it up: Shameless state Senate attacks - 0
- Blackwater verdict stuns NH dad - 0
- FairPoint paying thousands a day for police details at Manchester sites alone - 0
- New York doctor who worked in West Africa tests positive for Ebola - 0
- UMass Lowell polls show senate, gubernatorial races still a close call - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Swetland helps Central girls get past Bishop Guertin - 0
UPDATED: Flood warning issued for southern NH; leaks force visitation to be cancelled at Goffstown women's prison
Debate rule No. 1: Don't crash
Jonee Earthquake band shakes Shaskeen
Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out
Blackwater verdict stuns NH dad
Making it up: Shameless state Senate attacks