Another View - Donna Sytek: Ayotte and Shaheen are not immigration twins
With the Obama administration and Democrats facing widespread criticism for pushing immigration policies that have led to the current crisis on the southern border, the New Hampshire Democratic Party and Sen. Shaheen think they can fool voters by hiding behind Sen. Kelly Ayotte’s record.
The Democrats also have starkly different positions about how to address the current flood of unaccompanied minors across the southern border. Sen. Ayotte has said she believes current law needs to be changed, and she is supporting the CREST Act, which would allow for the speedy return of undocumented minors to their home countries. Sen. Shaheen does not support this bill.
Donna Sytek of Salem is former Speaker of the New Hampshire House of Representatives.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- $11 million requested for priority city school projects - 1
- Berlin considers synthetic marijuana ban - 1
- New year could bring higher costs for members of Claremont Community Center - 0
- Retirement system ruling gets thumbs up from Moody's - 4
- Rates for Hudson recreation programs may be increasing - 0
- Hudson selectmen approve ambulance fee increases - 0
- Derry Council revises tax cut goal - 0
- Londonderry board rejects workforce housing variances - 0
- Derry Administrator opposes council goal of cutting Derry tax rate - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Basketball: Memorial needs shootout to get by Bow - 0
- Man arrested after chase that led from Pelham to Lowell, Mass. - 0
- No shortage of post-holiday shoppers at local stores - 0
- West junior advising College Board on its entrance exams - 0
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive - 0
- Sullivan in the top running for state's Assistant Principal of the Year - 0
- Derry making progress with efforts to honor POWS, MIAs - 0
- Lions Club blood drive draws on spirit of giving - 0
- Last Week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Murder suspect fit for trial?
Pipeline push gets a second wind