Another View - Donna Sytek: Ayotte and Shaheen are not immigration twins
With the Obama administration and Democrats facing widespread criticism for pushing immigration policies that have led to the current crisis on the southern border, the New Hampshire Democratic Party and Sen. Shaheen think they can fool voters by hiding behind Sen. Kelly Ayotte’s record.
The Democrats also have starkly different positions about how to address the current flood of unaccompanied minors across the southern border. Sen. Ayotte has said she believes current law needs to be changed, and she is supporting the CREST Act, which would allow for the speedy return of undocumented minors to their home countries. Sen. Shaheen does not support this bill.
Donna Sytek of Salem is former Speaker of the New Hampshire House of Representatives.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jonah Goldberg: There was a time when we stood up to threats against free speech - 0
- Why I voted against the 'CRomnibus' spending bill - 18
- Another View -- Devon Chaffee: Why interrogators believe America should never torture - 2
- David Harsanyi: GOP establishment, stop whining - 0
- John Stossel: Individual giving beats government giving - 3
- BANANAS and NH's energy needs - 5
- Gruber should have been Time's 'Person of the Year' - 5
- In NH, overhunting of RINOs is causing problems - 24
- Another View -- Shawn Jasper: It is time to get to work for the people of NH - 16
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
- College Roundup: SNHU women win - 0
- Merrimack's Schaller scores first NHL goal, but B's get win - 0
- For Rex Ryan, another close loss to Pats - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'