Fundraising underway to complete next Rail Trail segment
On Tuesday, Trailways spokeswoman Pollyann Winslow said construction on the project’s second phase was underway. The paved recreational trail, which is being constructed on the site of the former Manchester-Lawrence railway corridor, has been in the works for the past several years.
Trailway officials opened the first completed mile of the Londonderry Rail Trail, which stretches from the North Elementary School parking lot to the Exit 5 Park & Ride, in late November.
The trail will pass underneath Interstate 93 and run behind Poor Boy’s diner.
“They’ve done a great job preparing the trail for paving and they stayed within our budget,” project manager Bob Rimol said this week.
Rimol said Londonderry Trailways would need to raise $17,000 to pave the trail segment.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.