Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Mazzaglia's mother to her son: Marriott family 'in agony'
The transcript was submitted by state prosecutors, who read a portion of it in court in a Tuesday hearing that addressed Mazzaglia’s request last week to not attend his Thursday sentencing.
Mazzaglia’s sentencing remains scheduled for 10 a.m. Thursday.
Up to 11 of Marriott’s family members and friends could speak, according to court documents.
He indicated in the Aug. 6 conversation with his mother that he didn’t want to hear what Marriott’s family members might have to say.
“I already know what everyone’s gonna say there so why the hell do I have to be there,” Mazzaglia said. “It’s a waste of my time.”
Mazzaglia also claimed that he’s innocent of killing and raping Marriott on Oct. 9, 2012, in the Dover apartment he shared with his former girlfriend, Kathryn McDonough.
“Well,” his mother replied. “Yeah all you can do is regret your part in it.”
In the days immediately following Marriott’s death, she told public defense lawyers – as seen in a video played in court during Mazzaglia’s nearly month-long trial – that Marriott had died of suffocation during rough sex with her and Mazzaglia.
Recorded jail calls between Mazzaglia and McDonough in weeks following Marriott’s death also were played during his trial in June, indicating Mazzaglia had reason to know his conversation with his mother last week would be recorded, as well.
“Yeah but I’m gonna have to sit there for an hour and a half listening to them yell and whine and bitch and moan and scream about how I’m a monster who killed someone when I’m not,” he told his mother. “That’s what I’m literally gonna have to listen to for the whole time.”
“So anyway. Anyway. I’m, I mean you can, they’re, they’re in misery, I mean they’re in agony, their, their daughter is lost. I would be the same if it were you but you know, you have to sympathize with what they’ve lost,” she said.
“I think you have to be there to be sentenced,” she said. “I think they have a right to confront you because the jury found you guilty.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- $50k bail for two charged with beating pizza delivery man - 0
- Latest round of riot arrests includes 5 Keene State students - 0
- Suspected Pa. cop-killer Eric Frein taken into custody - 0
- Anonymous tip leads to arrest of moose poacher - 0
- Man facing robbery charges sentenced on probation violations - 0
- Victim in Hampton pedestrian crash files lawsuit against driver, town and state - 0
- Dover police say man broke into same business three times - 0
- Two more Keene State College students charged in riots - 1
- Two Keene State students among three newest riot arrests - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 0
- Another View -- Cass R. Sunstein: The hidden tax you pay when you wait - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Campbell boys pull upset - 0
- Marchand scores 2, B's win - 0
- Ex-Nashua deputy police chief sues city and outgoing police chief - 0
- Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four - 0
- Shaheen, Brown supporters gather at final debate - 1
- Senate candidates sharply divided on Islamic threat, Ebola, Obamacare - 16
- Stocks up on GDP, earnings - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
School's out for voters
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483