Home » News » Politics » State Government
State Sen. David Boutin apologizes for lapse in judgment
The video, which appears in two parts, was posted on the conservative Republican website, Granite Grok, but without any indication where it was shot or when. Boutin can be seen arguing with two bar patrons.
In the first video released Monday (shown below), Boutin, who appears to be under the influence of alcohol, chastises the two men for “picking on a woman.” He repeatedly tells them, “You’re real tough, picking on a woman.”
“I would add one other point about the video tape resulting from that incident,” Boutin said. “They may have improperly and illegally taped our conversation.”
Boutin faces former Rep. Jane Cormier of Hooksett in the Republican primary. Cormier recently moved from Alton to Hooksett to be closer to her business.
The District 16 primary is hotly contested. Boutin recently complained that someone had been making late-night phone calls to constituents with their caller ID showing his campaign’s telephone number.
Boutin said he continues to work hard, having knocked on more than 4,000 doors to meet and talk to people about their concerns. “The economy and jobs are important issues in this primary and in the general election,” Boutin said.
Raiche previously served in the House.
District 16 includes Manchester wards 1, 2 and 12, and the towns of Bow, Candia, Dunbarton and Hooksett.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 28
- The Obamaconomy: Shea-Porter shows its flaw - 29
- Smith schools Hassan: Leadership in Londonderry - 0
- Where officers live: Manchester is missing the point - 4
- Leo Bernier: For Hillsborough County Commission - 0
- Insurance exchanges Sam's Club or Obama's club? - 11
- Garcia and Guinta: For a change, send them to DC - 22
- Jeanne's travel ban: She doesn't want Obama here - 14
- Making it up: Shameless state Senate attacks - 9
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Marchand scores 2, B's win - 0
- Ex-Nashua deputy police chief sues city and outgoing police chief - 0
- Shaheen, Brown supporters gather at final debate - 1
- Senate candidates sharply divided on Islamic threat, Ebola, Obamacare - 16
- Stocks up on GDP, earnings - 0
- Rocket blast damps Orbital as commercial space rush lures rivals - 0
- GT Advanced, Apple try to keep lid on COO's comments - 0
- Former Farmington fire chief waives arraignment on theft charges - 0
- $50k bail for two charged with beating pizza delivery man - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
School's out for voters