Home » News » Politics » State Government
State Sen. David Boutin apologizes for lapse in judgment
The video, which appears in two parts, was posted on the conservative Republican website, Granite Grok, but without any indication where it was shot or when. Boutin can be seen arguing with two bar patrons.
In the first video released Monday (shown below), Boutin, who appears to be under the influence of alcohol, chastises the two men for “picking on a woman.” He repeatedly tells them, “You’re real tough, picking on a woman.”
“I would add one other point about the video tape resulting from that incident,” Boutin said. “They may have improperly and illegally taped our conversation.”
Boutin faces former Rep. Jane Cormier of Hooksett in the Republican primary. Cormier recently moved from Alton to Hooksett to be closer to her business.
The District 16 primary is hotly contested. Boutin recently complained that someone had been making late-night phone calls to constituents with their caller ID showing his campaign’s telephone number.
Boutin said he continues to work hard, having knocked on more than 4,000 doors to meet and talk to people about their concerns. “The economy and jobs are important issues in this primary and in the general election,” Boutin said.
Raiche previously served in the House.
District 16 includes Manchester wards 1, 2 and 12, and the towns of Bow, Candia, Dunbarton and Hooksett.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Drug court gets funding for 3 more years - 0
- Nashua Senior Center members want budget woes discussed openly - 0
- Derry Town Council backs Conservation Commission in land use tax vote - 0
- Francestown Town Hall repairs nearing completion - 0
- Franklin eyes consolidating city, school offices - 0
- Fines proposed for alleged labor violations at Unity Elementary School construction site - 1
- Group has plans to spruce up downtown Nashua - 1
- More than $5 million in surplus may offset Nashua tax rate - 1
- Gas pipeline proposal prompts Hollis meeting - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem