Home » News » Politics » State Government
State Sen. David Boutin apologizes for lapse in judgment
The video, which appears in two parts, was posted on the conservative Republican website, Granite Grok, but without any indication where it was shot or when. Boutin can be seen arguing with two bar patrons.
In the first video released Monday (shown below), Boutin, who appears to be under the influence of alcohol, chastises the two men for “picking on a woman.” He repeatedly tells them, “You’re real tough, picking on a woman.”
“I would add one other point about the video tape resulting from that incident,” Boutin said. “They may have improperly and illegally taped our conversation.”
Boutin faces former Rep. Jane Cormier of Hooksett in the Republican primary. Cormier recently moved from Alton to Hooksett to be closer to her business.
The District 16 primary is hotly contested. Boutin recently complained that someone had been making late-night phone calls to constituents with their caller ID showing his campaign’s telephone number.
Boutin said he continues to work hard, having knocked on more than 4,000 doors to meet and talk to people about their concerns. “The economy and jobs are important issues in this primary and in the general election,” Boutin said.
Raiche previously served in the House.
District 16 includes Manchester wards 1, 2 and 12, and the towns of Bow, Candia, Dunbarton and Hooksett.
READER COMMENTS: 6
- Surprise, surprise: Obamacare funds abortions - 55
- Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over - 6
- USNH's raw deal: Part deux - 2
- Every vote counts: Here is the proof - 5
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
- Hassan was right: 'Bullying' bill goes too far - 12
- Strategery: A war by any other name - 28
- Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.? - 6
- Public be damned: Litchfield latest example - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 0
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 10
- Londonderry Rotary to host forum next week - 0
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'