Home » News » Politics » State Government
State Sen. David Boutin apologizes for lapse in judgment
The video, which appears in two parts, was posted on the conservative Republican website, Granite Grok, but without any indication where it was shot or when. Boutin can be seen arguing with two bar patrons.
In the first video released Monday (shown below), Boutin, who appears to be under the influence of alcohol, chastises the two men for “picking on a woman.” He repeatedly tells them, “You’re real tough, picking on a woman.”
“I would add one other point about the video tape resulting from that incident,” Boutin said. “They may have improperly and illegally taped our conversation.”
Boutin faces former Rep. Jane Cormier of Hooksett in the Republican primary. Cormier recently moved from Alton to Hooksett to be closer to her business.
The District 16 primary is hotly contested. Boutin recently complained that someone had been making late-night phone calls to constituents with their caller ID showing his campaign’s telephone number.
Boutin said he continues to work hard, having knocked on more than 4,000 doors to meet and talk to people about their concerns. “The economy and jobs are important issues in this primary and in the general election,” Boutin said.
Raiche previously served in the House.
District 16 includes Manchester wards 1, 2 and 12, and the towns of Bow, Candia, Dunbarton and Hooksett.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding? - 6
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 5
- Pat Buchanan: In Scotland, it's economic man vs. tribal man - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 80
- Deroy Murdock: Stuff the Obama lunch tax - 2
- David Harsanyi: The senators who really threaten America - 1
- Your Turn, NH -- Ted Menswar Jr.: How Manchester pulled together to honor one of its greats - 1
- Jonah Goldberg: Is the Islamic State really un-Islamic? - 5
- George Will: Scotland's epic vote - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition at Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 in Rochester - 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Every vote counts: Here is the proof