Haitian choir sings in Hollis on Sunday
The Hope Haitian Choir , in its third year, is focused on sharing the joy of the Lord in such a way that many who hear have their lives positively changed, promoters said.
Each year, new members are brought to the United States after training and rehearsals in Haiti, ready to inspire with their enthusiasm and genuine faith.
Goals for the choir include developing young leaders who will return to their people, better equipped to make a productive impact.
Each year, the choir attempts to raise support for a key project in Haiti, which will benefit many. This tour is focused on building a church and school on land recently purchased in the village of Lamarre, Haiti, through which the choir hopes to bring an international sponsorship program to this impoverished region.
READER COMMENTS: 27
- A mom's bail: Getting it right - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 12
- Proof of Santa here: Hooksett's Dick Marshall, for one - 0
- Christmas spirit: Do you have more than a homeless man? - 1
- The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama - 47
- Obama gets smoked: Castros celebrate in Havana - 38
- On naming the victim: It is Kibby's story now - 0
- After Newtown: A gun rights revival - 39
- Vermont's disaster: An Obamedy of errors - 15
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads