Mary Tamposi: When our vets suffer in crisis, so does the family
Too many come back with physical and invisible wounds and impairments that affect their lives and those of their loved ones.
Fortunately, there are resources and programs available to veterans to identify, treat and support these and other conditions, through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and a number of agencies on the federal, state and local levels.
We have all experienced the safety speech from the flight attendant, who has instructed us to place the facemask over our face first, and then assist our children. We cannot effectively help those around us who are suffering, if we ourselves are not equipped mentally and physically to do so.
Harbor Homes Inc., a statewide agency that provides housing and supportive services to homeless and at-risk veterans and their families, as well as non-veterans and their families, offers free counseling and case management through the Greater Nashua Services in Supportive Housing Project.
Mary Tamposi is director of development for Harbor Homes.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Making ornaments unite students, vets - 0
- NH Veterans Briefs: Marines to gather in Gilford - 0
- Sen. Ayotte to help 'Birds' program take flight - 0
- Another View -- Mary Tamposi: No wrong door for our veterans and their families - 0
- Salute to vets Tuesday in Manchester - 0
- ConVal, Souhegan football games to feature tributes to veterans - 0
- Veteran finally tells tale to family about friend who died in war - 0
- Special indicator designates veterans on NH IDs - 0
- Army budget cuts threaten veterans' funeral honor guards - 6
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Commodore Nutt takes D.C. by storm - 1
- School's out for voters - 0
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 11
- Senate battle attracts 17,000 TV ads in NH - 2
- Jonathan E. Benedict - 1
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 2
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Demaryius Thomas is x-factor for Broncos' offense - 1
- College Football: Big Green ready for tussle with Harvard - 0
- UNH Notebook: Albany is much improved - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer