Home » Opinion » Editorials
Democratic primary: Will wonders never cease?
In Concord, Henniker, Hopkinton and Warner, Democratic and independent voters have a choice between Kass Ardinger and Dan Feltes for Senate. The district is among the most Democratic in the state, so winning the primary is considered tantamount to being elected. As such, the primary has become something of a race to the left wing, with both candidates trying to out-progressive the other.
While we may not be enthused about the prospect of either candidate’s pending service in the state Senate, at least both are capable of doing the job and serving in office. State Democrats shouldn’t be so afraid to let democracy burst out like this more often. The sky is not falling.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- George Will: Battle royal in Iowa - 0
- Charles Krauthammer: Our real Syria strategy: containment-plus - 0
- Roger Simon: Do 'real men' hit women? - 3
- Another View -- Scott Brown: America's interests come before party or President - 27
- John Stossel: We have two anti-choice parties in America - 1
- Another View -- Andres Martinez: How our imperial tax code encourages inversions - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: What 'war on women'? - 4
- George Will: High stakes in Kansas - 1
- Kathy Sullivan: NH GOP's smearing of good people hits a new low - 29
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man accused of cutting wife’s throat committed to psychiatric hospital - 1
- Two may have stabbed each other in Concord parking garage incident, police say - 0
- Manchester joyride in a stolen truck lands two in handcuffs - 0
- High School Football Power Poll: Some shuffling in the middle - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Pamela Diamantis: USNH’s tuition freeze offer is good for NH’s future - 1
- Crosstown Variety Store robbed in Manchester - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio: A well-earned celebration for Sox. - 0
- A’s earn their way into postseason play - 0
Dover man's nightmare lesson for everyone
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
'Strange ideas' Banning guns made in NH
Personhood Controversial? Really?
License revocations for DWI announced
Dredging planned for Milford's Osgood Pond