Another View - Joseph S. Spoerl: What you need to know and aren't being told about Hamas
The goal of Hamas is to obliterate the state of Israel and kill all of its Jewish inhabitants. In a typical Friday mosque sermon broadcast on the Hamas TV station on July 25, the preacher made this point: “Our doctrine in fighting you (the Jews) is that we will totally exterminate you. We will not leave a single one of you alive.” Why? Because the Jews are “alien usurpers of the land.” Moreover, “wherever the Jews lived, they spread corruption.”
But genocidal Jew-hatred is only one of the ways in which Hamas resembles the German Nazi Party.
Hamas, like the Muslim Brotherhood of which it is a branch, is also a totalitarian movement. It seeks to govern society according to medieval Islamic law, which means turning non-Muslims into second-class citizens and suppressing basic liberties such as freedom of religion and the press. It also means “commanding the right and forbidding the wrong,” an aspect of Islamic law that basically means meddling in people’s private lives so as to impose Islamic norms on them.
No aspect of the conflict is more important, or more ignored by the mainstream media, than this one.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Local author to talk about soul, spirituality - 0
- Church of Our Saviour to host harp concert following Christmas fair - 0
- Keene church to host talk on fair pay - 0
- Historic bell to ring again at Manchester church - 0
- Right Rev. Mark Dyer, Episcopal bishop and Manchester native, dies at 84 - 0
- Peterborough approves plans for construction of Buddhist temple - 0
- Vendors cry foul as Vatican reins in papal blessings sales - 0
- Grace Ministries to host its annual Christmas Tea - 0
- NH Religion Briefs: Musical set for Dec. 7 in Temple Town Hall - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Physician reprimanded after baby’s brain damaged in delivery - 0
- Police obtain warrants for suspect wanted in Dover, Manchester bank robberies - 0
- Abby Dion, 9, records a 10 in gymnastics meet - 0
- St. A skaters fall to Norwich - 0
- Monarchs lose in OT; win streak stops at 6 - 0
- Police searching for person stealing from cars in Manchester - 1
- College Football: Maine seniors want the coveted musket - 0
- College Hockey: Ice-making problem postpones UNH-PC - 1
- Pinkerton backfield a combination of power and speed - 0
Jury acquits Mont Vernon driver, who was checking text, in death of former Amherst fire chief
Offend someone? To jail with you!
Obama to illegals: Come out of shadows
Plaistow town planner arrested
Driver acquitted in Amherst ex-chief’s death
A kinder, gentler House Speaker?
College Football: Wildcats are CAA champs
College Hockey: Providence blanks UNH