Another View - Joseph S. Spoerl: What you need to know and aren't being told about Hamas
The goal of Hamas is to obliterate the state of Israel and kill all of its Jewish inhabitants. In a typical Friday mosque sermon broadcast on the Hamas TV station on July 25, the preacher made this point: “Our doctrine in fighting you (the Jews) is that we will totally exterminate you. We will not leave a single one of you alive.” Why? Because the Jews are “alien usurpers of the land.” Moreover, “wherever the Jews lived, they spread corruption.”
But genocidal Jew-hatred is only one of the ways in which Hamas resembles the German Nazi Party.
Hamas, like the Muslim Brotherhood of which it is a branch, is also a totalitarian movement. It seeks to govern society according to medieval Islamic law, which means turning non-Muslims into second-class citizens and suppressing basic liberties such as freedom of religion and the press. It also means “commanding the right and forbidding the wrong,” an aspect of Islamic law that basically means meddling in people’s private lives so as to impose Islamic norms on them.
No aspect of the conflict is more important, or more ignored by the mainstream media, than this one.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- David Harsanyi: The senators who really threaten America - 1
- Your Turn, NH -- Ted Menswar Jr.: How Manchester pulled together to honor one of its greats - 1
- Jonah Goldberg: Is the Islamic State really un-Islamic? - 1
- George Will: Scotland's epic vote - 1
- Charles Krauthammer: Obama's uncertain trumpet, again - 0
- Maureen McDonald: Ray Rice and the everyday problem of domestic violence - 1
- Another View -- Jason Bedrick: An important court victory for parents and taxpayers - 3
- Thomas Sowell: Mob rule economics is bad for everyone - 8
- George Will: Eviscerating the 1st Amendment is extremism - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 0
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 4
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Brady a realist - 0
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
DWI license revocations
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Lawyer wants cellphone evidence thrown out
Deroy Murdock: Stuff the Obama lunch tax