Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Family memorializes Lizzi, lambastes her killer at sentencing hearing
Bob Marriott holds a large photo of his daughter Elizabeth "Lizzi" Marriott and looks at Seth Mazzaglia, seated left, during a sentencing hearing in Strafford County Superior Court Thursday. (AP Photo/Jim Cole)
Lizzi’s father, Bob Marriott, was the last member of the family to speak. He walked slowly around the courtroom holding the enlarged photo of Lizzi shown throughout Mazzaglia’s nearly month-long trial in June.
“I call this ’Dad’s Exhibit 1,’” Bob Marriott said. He then explained that the full version of the photo showed her gently holding a frog that she had rescued from the family pool. He said Lizzi, a 19-year-old from Westborough, Mass., spent weekends in high school volunteering at New England Aquarium and was working toward a marine biology degree at the University of New Hampshire.
Melissa Marriott said in a news conference after the hearing that she “was so relieved that the monster who murdered our Lizzi” would spend the rest of his life in jail.
“I did not rape and murder Elizabeth Marriott, however I do understand the Marriott family’s pain,” he said.
Mazzaglia then said, “I did play a part in covering up Lizzi Marriott’s death” and said he was “truly sorry” that her body was never found.
Bob Marriott responded flatly when asked about Mazzaglia’s statement after the sentencing hearing.
“I thought it was very lame,” he said.
Mazzaglia also was found guilty of conspiracy of falsifying physical evidence and conspiracy to commit tampering with witnesses.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 26
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483