Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Mazzaglia gets maximum sentence in Marriott murder
“I miss Lizzi every day,” said Melissa Marriott, Lizzi's mother. “Even after 22 months, I still have trouble comprehending that she's never coming home.”
Bob Marriott responded flatly when asked about Mazzaglia's statement after the sentencing hearing.
“I thought it was very lame,” he said.
Mazzaglia is incarcerated in New Hampshire State Prison and attended Thursday's hearing in prison greens and shackles. He could return to Strafford County Superior Court later this year.
Houran has previously set a tentative date of early November for Mazzaglia's potential second trial, on a criminal solicitation charge. Mazzaglia allegedly tried in December 2012 to get at least one cellmate at the Strafford County jail to participate in a violent, armed escape prior to his murder trial.
Lizzi Marriott died on Oct. 9, 2012. She worked at a Target store in Greenland with Mazzaglia's former girlfriend, Kathryn McDonough, who invited Marriott to hang out at the Dover apartment McDonough and Mazzaglia shared. McDonough testified that Mazzaglia strangled Marriott from behind after she rebuffed his sexual advances.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 0
- Man claims rights were violated during investigation - 0
- DWI license revocations - 0
- Salem man arrested for alleged bathroom videotaping - 0
- OHRV trail official hopes arrest will deter others - 0
- One arrested in fight near Manchester Super 8 - 0
- Alleged home invasion accomplice says his testimony was coerced - 0
- Brookline man arrested for allegedly lying about accident - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 3
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Brady a realist - 0
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
- Obama to announce ramped-up efforts to beat Ebola - 0
- Quake strikes northeast of Tokyo, no reports of serious damage - 0
- Hassan was right: 'Bullying' bill goes too far - 2
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
DWI license revocations
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Lawyer wants cellphone evidence thrown out
Deroy Murdock: Stuff the Obama lunch tax
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917