Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Mazzaglia gets maximum sentence in Marriott murder
“I miss Lizzi every day,” said Melissa Marriott, Lizzi's mother. “Even after 22 months, I still have trouble comprehending that she's never coming home.”
Bob Marriott responded flatly when asked about Mazzaglia's statement after the sentencing hearing.
“I thought it was very lame,” he said.
Mazzaglia is incarcerated in New Hampshire State Prison and attended Thursday's hearing in prison greens and shackles. He could return to Strafford County Superior Court later this year.
Houran has previously set a tentative date of early November for Mazzaglia's potential second trial, on a criminal solicitation charge. Mazzaglia allegedly tried in December 2012 to get at least one cellmate at the Strafford County jail to participate in a violent, armed escape prior to his murder trial.
Lizzi Marriott died on Oct. 9, 2012. She worked at a Target store in Greenland with Mazzaglia's former girlfriend, Kathryn McDonough, who invited Marriott to hang out at the Dover apartment McDonough and Mazzaglia shared. McDonough testified that Mazzaglia strangled Marriott from behind after she rebuffed his sexual advances.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- $50k bail for two charged with beating pizza delivery man - 0
- Latest round of riot arrests includes 5 Keene State students - 0
- Suspected Pa. cop-killer Eric Frein taken into custody - 0
- Anonymous tip leads to arrest of moose poacher - 0
- Victim in Hampton pedestrian crash files lawsuit against driver, town and state - 0
- Dover police say man broke into same business three times - 0
- Two more Keene State College students charged in riots - 1
- Two Keene State students among three newest riot arrests - 1
- Man charged with robbing Rochester bank while wearing zebra-print dress is arraigned - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 0
- Another View -- Cass R. Sunstein: The hidden tax you pay when you wait - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Campbell boys pull upset - 0
- Marchand scores 2, B's win - 0
- Ex-Nashua deputy police chief sues city and outgoing police chief - 0
- Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four - 0
- Shaheen, Brown supporters gather at final debate - 1
- Senate candidates sharply divided on Islamic threat, Ebola, Obamacare - 16
- Stocks up on GDP, earnings - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
School's out for voters
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483