Home » News » Public Safety
People urged to get to Manchester early tonight due to Fishers' doubleheader, Cigna/Elliot 5K
Manchester Mayor Ted Gatsas said between the Cigna/Elliot Corporate 5K Road Race and the fact the Fisher Cats are playing a doubleheader at home today against Richmond at 6:05 p.m., nearly 16,000 people will be downtown around 5:30 p.m. today.
“People need to arrive early because we’re closing many streets in and around Elm Street,” said Gatsas.
Parking will be available at five lots (Pearl Street, Hartnett, Arms, Middle Street, Pine Street), three parking garages (Center of New Hampshire, Canal Street, Victory) and three leased lots (Bedford, Arms, Granite Street).
Roads will be closed in downtown Manchester. Beginning at noon, Merrimack Street from Elm Street to Chestnut St. will be closed and at 3 p.m., Amherst Street at Elm Street will be closed. At 4:30 p.m. Elm St. between Mechanic and Hanover Streets will be closed. At 5 p.m., Elm Street between Lake Ave. and Bridge Street will be closed along with Canal Street northbound from Granite Street to Thayer Street. Finally the entire race course will close from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
- Mother of Bedford student hit by car says safety should come first on school grounds - 2
- New Farmington police chief continues to build relationships in the community he’s served for 14 years - 0
- Keene police officer on bicycle struck by car - 0
- Antidote carried by NH first responders a life-saver for heroin overdoses - 0
- In neglect cases, indigent parents may lose legal help - 2
- Hot spotlight put on NH domestic violence - 2
- NH Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Violence is seeking funding - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man stabbed in leg in Manchester incident - 0
- Senate sustains Hassan veto of bill to revamp juvenile justice system - 0
- Possible negotiated plea for Nashua dad accused of negligent homicide in son's death - 0
- Amherst man facing charges in August Merrimack accident - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Brown calls on Shaheen to back bill targeting ISIS - 4
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- NHIAA Football Power Poll; Who's No. 1 this week? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Belichick's 200th was a trademark triumph - 0
- MarketReach makes move to Nashua - 0
In 2nd District race, Garcia bucks Obamacare
Attorney claims illegal phone seizure following Christmas Eve accident that killed Brookline mom
Find the hidden cash stashed downtown
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Lawyer wants cellphone evidence thrown out
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Your Turn, NH -- Ted Menswar Jr.: How Manchester pulled together to honor one of its greats