Home » News » Public Safety
People urged to get to Manchester early tonight due to Fishers' doubleheader, Cigna/Elliot 5K
Manchester Mayor Ted Gatsas said between the Cigna/Elliot Corporate 5K Road Race and the fact the Fisher Cats are playing a doubleheader at home today against Richmond at 6:05 p.m., nearly 16,000 people will be downtown around 5:30 p.m. today.
“People need to arrive early because we’re closing many streets in and around Elm Street,” said Gatsas.
Parking will be available at five lots (Pearl Street, Hartnett, Arms, Middle Street, Pine Street), three parking garages (Center of New Hampshire, Canal Street, Victory) and three leased lots (Bedford, Arms, Granite Street).
Roads will be closed in downtown Manchester. Beginning at noon, Merrimack Street from Elm Street to Chestnut St. will be closed and at 3 p.m., Amherst Street at Elm Street will be closed. At 4:30 p.m. Elm St. between Mechanic and Hanover Streets will be closed. At 5 p.m., Elm Street between Lake Ave. and Bridge Street will be closed along with Canal Street northbound from Granite Street to Thayer Street. Finally the entire race course will close from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Weare Deputy Chief Sean Kelly set to manage Weare Police Department - 0
- Lizard in food sends 300 schoolchildren to hospital - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Communications giant chips in for generator for Derry FD - 0
- Londonderry family fair returns but child safety is still the theme - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 5
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change