Home » News » Public Safety
People urged to get to Manchester early tonight due to Fishers' doubleheader, Cigna/Elliot 5K
Manchester Mayor Ted Gatsas said between the Cigna/Elliot Corporate 5K Road Race and the fact the Fisher Cats are playing a doubleheader at home today against Richmond at 6:05 p.m., nearly 16,000 people will be downtown around 5:30 p.m. today.
“People need to arrive early because we’re closing many streets in and around Elm Street,” said Gatsas.
Parking will be available at five lots (Pearl Street, Hartnett, Arms, Middle Street, Pine Street), three parking garages (Center of New Hampshire, Canal Street, Victory) and three leased lots (Bedford, Arms, Granite Street).
Roads will be closed in downtown Manchester. Beginning at noon, Merrimack Street from Elm Street to Chestnut St. will be closed and at 3 p.m., Amherst Street at Elm Street will be closed. At 4:30 p.m. Elm St. between Mechanic and Hanover Streets will be closed. At 5 p.m., Elm Street between Lake Ave. and Bridge Street will be closed along with Canal Street northbound from Granite Street to Thayer Street. Finally the entire race course will close from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Weare police chief on leave amid domestic violence probe - 0
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
- Mother of Bedford student hit by car says safety should come first on school grounds - 5
- New Farmington police chief continues to build relationships in the community he’s served for 14 years - 0
- Keene police officer on bicycle struck by car - 0
- Antidote carried by NH first responders a life-saver for heroin overdoses - 0
- In neglect cases, indigent parents may lose legal help - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 0
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 3
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Brady a realist - 0
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
DWI license revocations
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?