Home » NewHampshire.com » A&E
Win tickets to see The Pretty Reckless
The Pretty Reckless' second full—length album Going to Hell flirts with those themes, most notably on the raucous and roaring title track. Over a twisting and turning riff and bombastic rhythm, frontwoman Taylor Momsen confidently announces, "I'm going to Hell."
"We had so many insane things happening in our lives, we wanted to sum everything up in one phrase," she recalls. "Going to Hell felt really appropriate. I grew up Catholic and did the whole Catholic school thing, so it's in my vernacular. We used religion as a metaphor, but the track relates to problems everyone faces. I think this is the perfect time for us to be doing what we're doing."
Even if the making of Going to Hell often felt like some kind of divine prank, one senses this is their moment. After two years on the road The Pretty Reckless—Momsen, Ben Phillips [guitar], Mark Damon [bass], and Jamie Perkins [drums]—had risen through rock 'n' roll's ranks to become a profound, and often polarizing, presence. The quartet sold over 350,000 albums and over 1 million digital tracks performing as headliners all around the globe and supporting acts such as Guns N' Roses and Marilyn Manson.
Ultimately Going to Hell is rock 'n' roll in its purest form. The Pretty Reckless holds nothing back. "We did this album with the mindset of having no boundaries," Momsen concludes. "We didn't follow any formulas or trends. We said anything we wanted to say. This is us."
- Visitors are only allowed to enter once a day. Additional entries will be disqualified.
- Each complete entry is put into a drawing to win a pair (2) of tickets.
- Two winners will be chosen on October 31, 2014.
- You need not be present to win. The winner will be notified via email.
- NewHampshire.com is not responsible for lost, late, damaged, incomplete, illegible, or misdirected form submissions.
- No facsimiles, photocopies or mechanically reproduced entries allowed. Must be 18 years of age or older to enter.
- No purchase necessary to enter. Employees, agents and families of Union Leader Corporation and affiliated subsidiaries are not eligible.
- Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. All taxes on prizes are the responsibility of winner. Winners agree to sign an affidavit and any state, federal or other tax documentation that may be required at contest completion.
Keene Pumpkin Festival has uncertain future
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice